Saturday, June 27, 2009

Knitting Joy







The last six months have been tough with health issues. Though on oxygen, I went horseback riding a week ago in Harriman State Park, Idaho, not far from Yellowstone.



Judy's Dishcloths


We rode in gentle rain, the horses don't mind. A female moose lifted her head from drinking when she heard us. Among the trees we spotted a pelican on the lake and a heron. No trumpeter swans. Were they nesting? Or not yet arrived?




The mosquitoes are enormous and plentiful, fed by the torrents of rain we are having. I was thankful for the rain gear covering. The horses weren't so lucky.


Knitting is my sweet companion. During the last six months, I had the joy of knitting 26 dish/washcloths for classmates coming to our 50th high school reunion in Greenwich Village, NYC. Not going to the reunion myself, I am thrilled that I could send these simple gifts.


I took pictures with my cell phone and am learning how to download and place on my posts. Here is one, I hope to give you others.


My third oldest granddaughter asked me to knit her an afghan. She chose the colors and the sequence and left to me the designs. I started it almost a year ago. I'm stuck on the next to the last square, one of two kitties.


I found a photograph of two kitties and outlined them on graph paper.


HELP how do I chart the outline for knitting?





No comments: